Monday, October 27, 2014

Marriage, Then and Now.



Time elapsed: 30 years plus…

Then
He: Your nose is like a rosebud made of spun sugar
She: (Blushing) No, yours is,my love.
Now
He: I think there’s something terrible growing in my nose.
She: Make it stop.

Then
He: Even when you’re not wearing perfume, you smell like an angel.
She: What a sweet thing to say (giggle, giggle)!!
Now:
She: Ugh, I feel too lazy to take a shower today.
He: You damn well better. Believe me.

Then
She: Oh, no…I think I may have scraped the side of the car as I entered our garage, my dearest.
He: Don’t give it a second thought, my pet. All that matters is your safety,
Now
She(Calling from a safehouse somewhere in Thailand): I hit the side of the garage last night.
He: Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Then
She: Teehee…teehee! Look at my hair from all this wind!
He: You are as lovely as you were on our wedding day!
Now
He: What the heck is happening on your head??
She: At least I have hair.

Then
He: Good morning, my little persimmon. Did you sleep well?
She: Of course, my avocado. I dreamt of you!
Now
He: Blurt, shmiggle, flooooft, smirch.
She: Goomph, splerk, flggggghh,flerm.

Then
He: You are becoming an excellent cook, you cunning vixen.
She: (hysterical laughter): Thank you—providing you with delicious meals brings meaning to my life!
Now
He: I don’t know what this is but if you make it again, you better run.
She: You run….all the way to McDonalds.

Then
He:  Thank you for doing my laundry, my cherished bride.
She:  Providing you with clean underwear is an eternal joy!
Now
He: My sock drawer has been empty for three days.
She: Alert the media.

Then
He: I love you.
She: I love you, too.
Now
He: I love you.
She: I love you, too.

Another example of then and now.










No comments:

Post a Comment