Thursday, October 21, 2010

I receive an enormous amount of junk email. I'm sure most of you do, too. I have come to believe that if one clicks into a site in order to "unsubscribe" to a regularly offending sender, it is technically interpreted as encouragement. Not only do they not unsubscribe you but they send even more. 
I use the example of my constant receipt of emails offering to keep me current on the whereabouts of the Harlem Globetrotters, introduce me to female Asian singles in my area and extend the size of my....well, you get the idea. But, of all of these, the most persistent offender is the "Slow Cooker News." This bit of mind-numbing spam counsels its readers on what to hurl into a crock pot at the crack of dawn in order to enjoy an inviting meal upon returning home after a long day. I tried to unsubscribe to this as well as the others but now receive an exponentially increased amount of emails a day from all of them. The only solution, I fear, is to just give in and start using my crock pot while watching webcasts of the Harlem Globetrotters with my new Asian bride and my giant.....well, you get the idea.



1 comment:

  1. I know all too well! How many designer sample sales to I need to know about and how come I can't seem to believe I have a bunch of money in a foreign country waiting!

    ReplyDelete